Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Friday 22 January 2016

Behind the scenes - notebooks

So I'm here today to share another Creative Together 'behind the scenes' type post this time featuring notebooks.

Last year I decorated notebooks to fundraise for my chosen charity and this year is no different. Profits from every notebook I make are donated to BANES Young Carers.

This wonderful charity supports so many young carers in our area including my own son, Keagan. Their support and the friendships made are invaluable and every penny raised goes towards continuing their fabulous work.

So notebooks - some I buy and decorate. Others I make myself especially plain paged versions. As my Bristol Rovers notebooks were so popular I'm bringing them back for this year. Though I will also decorate different themes I promise!

 So I start by covering the front with Centura pearl card followed by hammered card to create a nice base. I often draw stitches around edge as well.
 I cut out the letters using a Tim Holtz die. I have a little pot that I keep all of my 'Bristol Rovers' letters in. I tend to have a session of preparing lots of letters.
 I use this girl footballer - the image is from Some Odd Girl as you can see I colour up a whole batch all different. I have great fun colouring their hair. Their football kit is, of course, styled after Bristol Rovers home kit.
 As you can see I do have a vast collection of pens so I can pretty much choose any colour I want!
Once the base is dry I add the image. I create a shadow background using grey dots to ground the image so she doesn't look like she is floating.

Here are some of the notebooks I will be uploading to the shop soon.


Thanks for popping by
Take care Zo x

1 comment:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Wow, Zoe, a pice of amazing work well done, thanks for Tutorial.. Pray these raise lots of money for such a worthy cause. Shaz in Oz.x