Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Friday 2 January 2015

Happy New Year - fundraising in 2015

Well happy Friday to you all. I do hope you all enjoyed your New Year's celebrations. I was tucked up in bed long before, well until Baxter woke up barking at the fireworks that is!

I decided long ago that 2015 was going to be the year that I try to fundraise and raise awareness for 


The Hypermobility Syndromes Association is a charity that has supported people with disabilities and problems caused by any of the Hypermobility syndromes. As many of you know I have Ehlers Danlos Hypermobility (also known as Benign Joint Hypermobility syndrome) as well as Fibromyalgia and Scoliosis.

 Since my diagnosis I have used the charity to gain advice, they've sent me many booklets and leaflets to help me explain to friends and family about my problems, and also books for Keagan's schools to inform them of how Keagan needed to act to prevent him developing full on Hypermobility. He is hypermobile but as long as he keeps his joints strong he will lead a totally normal and crazy life of a Jump Jockey!

Anyway I've been in touch with the charity and have formalised my fundraising. I have set up a Virgin Money Giving page -



Now not only am I asking for any donations I am also going to sell my crafty makes during 2015 to raise funds. I've already taken orders for decorated notebooks done in the style of Bristol Rovers!!


My Rovers friends have gone mad for this and I have orders for 14 so far! I'm over the moon as I feel I'm giving something back to the charity who have helped me. Plus I get to colour every day and have a perfectly good reason to do so. 

Now here's where I ask a favour of you all. I was wondering if anyone would like to contribute to my fundraising by donating a crafty project for me to sell?

If so please contact me via email


No matter what you make - papercraft, sewing, knitting, crochet, anything would be gratefully received. 

Thank you so much for reading this far and here's to a productive and successful fundraising 2015.
Take care Zo xx

2 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

Happy New Year Zoe, all the best for 2015, I love your note book!!
Kevin xx

Deb's Pen Pot said...

Good on you, hon, not only for supporting a cause/charity that means something to you, but also for taking on some fundraising! I've just been paid and so am heading over to your donation page now... Lots of love xxx