Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Monday 28 October 2013

Autumnal we say!

Good morning!

I'm back today to share my latest Crafty Boots challenges DT project, and the theme this time is - 

AUTUMNAL

As chosen by me! Yep I have chosen this theme as it is one of my favourite times of the year. I love the colours, smells and the fact that I can start to wear layers - boots with long socks, long tees under short sleeve tops etc. So for this challenge, I want to see Autumnal colours, items, characters, leaves or Pumpkins. As long as it has an Autumnal theme then it's okay by me!!

Here's my make - 


I chose to use one of the new Saturated Canary images called 'Tidy Up' The one thing Autumn does so well is the leaves - all crunchy and colourful. So I thought this image works well. I coloured her with a mix of markers using bold autumnal colours. I then stamped out the leaves using Stampin'Up stamp set 'Wonderfall' Thankfully the ink pads from SU  - Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade & Raspberry Ripple - matched my colours along with Walnut Stain Distress Ink. A simple green mat set against centura pearl card stock created the backdrop along with a faint script which is the SU En francais script stamp. I used Antique Linen ink. A few Card Candis and 3 pennant punched shapes accented the project.

Here's some close-ups - 




I really enjoyed using these colours and you'll see I've not added a sentiment as I want this card to be suitable for most occasions. 
Take care Zo xx



7 comments:

Mrs Beez said...

Totally with you on loving Autumn. Fab card Zoe with a beautifully coloured image.

Dee's Craft Room said...

Stunning work Zoe, your colouring is really outstanding. I love your leaves, they are very unusual.

I think I was enjoying autumn up until last night and after a sleepless night I am feeling like the proverbial zombie this morning.

Dionne xx

Pat K said...

Gorgeous card, so beautifully coloured. x

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Zoe what a fantastic gorgeous card I love it. Love Alison xx

Helen said...

That's just gorgeous!!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is sooo gorgeous.
luv
Debby

coops said...

so gorgeous zoe.stunning autumnal colours and i love the fab image :D

xx coops xx