Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Monday 20 August 2012

Tweet Tweet - Crafty Boots

Hello new week and hello you!

I'm kind of pleased to start a new week, things didn't go to plan for me this weekend, what with my football team losing the first game and my car getting a puncture, but hey ho, that's life!

Anyway I'm here today to share with you my DT project for the latest challenge from Crafty Boots, as chosen by the lovely Amy and the theme is

Tweet Tweet

So head over to Crafty Boots and show us your cards, tags, projects all using birds somehow.

Now for me, this theme jogged my memory and allowed me to tick off my list of pages I want to include in my Smash Books. (Oh yes, I have a dedicated notebook to jot down ideas for pages I want to create in my Smash books!)

For the last few years we've had a budgie. Timmy and now Bubbles. I wanted to create a page for them so this gave me the opportunity -




I covered a page I didn't really like with Tim Holtz paper that had a bird on it, then added some Amy Tangerine ribbon. I coloured a Some Odd Girl 'Tweet' digital stamp (clear stamps can be bought from Crafty Boots on-line store) with my Copics.  I added some embellishments and a pocket which I filled with feathers that we'd collected from their cages and finally added photos of the 2 birds. The orange bird embellishments are wooden and I coloured them with my Copics so everything matched.

I hand wrote their names and dates around the page, by their photos so we'd always remember them.

So do you like birds? What projects, cards, tags etc can you come up with to join in our challenge? I can't wait to see.

Head over to the challenge blog because I've seen the rest of the DT projects and they are amazing!

Take care Zo xx


7 comments:

Dee's Craft Room said...

I can see that you have been really busy working on this page Zoe, you have bought together so many images and I love your colouring on the stamp.

Gorgeous.

Dionne xxx

emma mitchell said...

Hi Zoe I love this fabulous smash* page love the detail and your beautiful colouring on this gorgeous image .
Hugs Emma xx

Jingle said...

Very cute! The image looks great!

Dee's Craft Room said...

Hi Zo. Many thanks for your printing tips. I shall try them out a little later .......... after I have done my ironing :(

Dionne xx

Teresa said...

This is brilliant Zoe, great little image and fantastic colouring.
Thanks for visiting my blog. Teresa x

Jan Hennings said...

too cute!

Bev said...

What a lovely way to remember your feathered friends.. I feel myself needing a smash book!