Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Saturday 28 April 2012

In Stitches for a birthday!

Okay so it's not the best of titles, but it sums up what this card is for!

Wanted to post this card for you all and to enter it into 2 challenges.....yes go me, I've been slacking a bit in the "entering challenges department" but I saw the following challenges and knew I had to enter - right firstly the card -


It's an 8 x 8 Centura Pearl card base, covered with paper from Daisytrail pack of papers I had with a steam-punk set of digi-kits. The image is, of course, one of Krista's from Saturated Canary.  I rolled paper tubes to create the frame, the image is coloured with a mix of Pro/flemarkers and Copics. I made the flower using Tim Holtz Tattered Floral dies and the sentiment tickets are from Polka Doodles Sugar Plum Daisy CD-ROM. I chose them as this image and the thoughts remind me of me this week! Though I hasten to add I don't look anywhere near as lovely as this fine young lady! I finished off with faux stitching everywhere I could draw it! 

Here's a closer look - 







Right the 2 challenges are - 



Right I'm off to get myself sorted for football, last home game of the season today :0( I shall miss my footy friends and, of course, seeing my boys play, but I will be there when it all kicks off again in August!

Take care and enjoy your day! 
Zo xx

15 comments:

Deb's Pen Pot said...

Love the card Zoe - and the 'some mornings you know it's a 2-cup' sentiment is sooo me! It's softly pink without being too girly - oh, and I love the frame idea! Well done xxx

CraftyDaffy said...

Absolutely gorgeous ! I love the Saturated Canary image and you have colored it beautifully. I also love the polka doodles ticket sentiments. They are so adorable. Xx Denise

emma mitchell said...

Ahh Zoe I absolutely love this gorgeous card, the image is fab and your colouring is beautiful.
Hugs Emma xx

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Zo brilliant card love the frame around the image brilliant idea. Alison xxx

Paula said...

Stunning! Love your colour combos and image, gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks this week, Paula :))

Vicky said...

So gorgeous Zo...love the image and fabulous colours too hun :o)

hope you are having a lovely weekend...big hugs Vicky xx

Unknown said...

Zoe love what you have done to this card and love the image and how you have coloured her well done Hugs Elaine

Loopylou. said...

Hiyah Zoe!
good on you for getting back into your challenge entering hun and this is just fabulous, Love the flower!
thank you so much for sharing it with us over on the SC challenge blog
hugs Lou xxx

SandeeNC said...

Well she is a sexy thang! You did a fabulous job coloring her in! waving hi from the beautiful hills of North Carolina :)

Wendy Fraser said...

Brilliant card, love how you've created the frame xx

coops said...

so stunning zoe.love the fabulous image and how you have framed her and your colours are beautiful :D

xx coops xx

Teresa said...

Beautiful card Zoe, pretty colours, hope you are having a great weekend. hugs Teresa xx

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is just gorgeous...

Love the colour choices too....

A gorgeous creation...


Huggles Pops x x x x x

Auntie Em said...

Very impressed with your frame. At first glance I thought it was made of real twigs! Great card design.
Thanks for sharing! :)

CraftyNess said...

I love this card - the colours, image and layout are stunning. Your colouring is fantastic too :) - thankd for joining the glitter geeks challenge this week x