Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Thursday 19 April 2012

Happy Birthday Gabrielle!

Good evening everyone - I wanted to share with you the card I made for fellow Crafty Boots DT lovely lady, Gabrielle's birthday. I'm sorry I'm late (well for me, am usually in bed by now!) but I've been out for the day. My lovely friend Debs took me (though I helped navigate using the list! ) down to Weston-Super-Mare, about just under an hour away, to the Dunelm shop. Fab place, and many homely bargains were bought. A few crafty bits did sneak their way in to my basket too!

Anyway, Gabrielle's card, which I know I can share with you as it arrived safely!



Now I know Gabrielle loves all things inky so I made sure I used some! The paper is from my Papermania book-print pad, I inked the edges with Walnut Stain distress ink, and then stamped the flourish stamp and embossed with gold WOW powder. The dress form is a Basically Bare product which I inked and painted with H2O's and then stamped and embossed again with the gold. Once it was all dry, I embossed it in a folder by running it through my Cuttlebug. The lace was white, but again I inked it and then added the ribbon. I inked the sentiment too, and finally splattered some water on to the whole card to create.......well splodges! I really enjoyed making this card, and am pleased with the effect!

So Happy birthday Gabrielle!

Take care Zo xx

12 comments:

Emma Williams said...

A beautiful card and knowing Gabrielle, I'm sure she loved it...wonderful work, Zo!!
Love Emma xx

emma mitchell said...

Wow Zoe I love all the detail in this card ... Absolutely stunning .
Hugs Emma xx

Gabrielle said...

Oh it is truly lovely and really, really fantastic in person! I absolutely love it and am so touched that you made me a card - thank you so very, very much xxx

karen said...

Fantastic card! A lot of steps involved to make it but well worth it! Your friend will love it I'm sure!
xoxo Karen

coops said...

so stunning zoe.i love your vintage colours and gorgeous design :D

xx coops xx

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie, this is absolutely gorgeous...

Love the colours that you have chosen just fabulous...

Have a fab weekend huggles Pops x x x

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Love all the detail in this card really pretty. Alison xxx

Kathryn said...

Gorgeous card!! I love every bit of it! Lucky Gabrielle!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs!
kat

Wendy Fraser said...

Stunning card, love it. xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Zo - I'm sure Gabrielle loved it too.
xx

Deb's Pen Pot said...

Soooo gorgeous, hon! Well done xxx

Sandy said...

How do you know how to do all this!?! Really artsy card and I do love creativity and artsy cards. Wow!!
Sandy