Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Tuesday 30 August 2011

Busy me!

Ok I hold my hands up I've been a neglectful blogger lately.  While I enjoyed our break away to stay with friend's it's really affected me since I've been back, everything seems to be taking me ages to complete and I don't seem to get through a day without gaining another injury. Yesterday I managed to cut myself & burn myself. One positive of my conditions is that I don't 'feel' such injuries in a normal way. Not good though when I don't realise I've done it until I see blood everywhere!

Another reason for my poor posting is I've been making birthday pressies for my good friend Debs, owner of Deb's Pen Pot blog so I thought my first post in ages would be to share with you the gifts I made.

 I bought this black mirror and got to work Paint Fusioneering it with daisies.


 I found these fab paper mache books in a craft shop while away and had to have them for Debs. She is a writer and a reader so knew that they'd be perfect.


I also made Debs a selection of cards using Paint fusion, some painted and some, like these two, coloured with my Spectrum Noir pens.  To celebrate Deb's birthday we went to our local farm shop/restaurant for lunch, where we had a cream tea! Yummy scones, copious amounts of cream and lashings of jam. Topped off with plenty of tea, coffee and chat. A very enjoyable way to spend a few hours I can tell you.

Don't forget to look out for the new challenge blog starting Monday 5th September over at Crafty Boots challenge blog where I'm proud to be a DT member.

Thanks for looking & hope to catch up with you all soon
Take care Zo x

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hi Zoe, welcome back from your holiday ... but it is often difficult getting back into the old routine when you've been away. Still, you have been busy and Debs is one lucky lady. All your pieces are lovely ... those books are fab. Elizabeth x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Wow Zoe, all these pieces are beautiful, you have mastered the paint fusion, your friend will be delighted with her gifts.
Kevin xx

Teresa said...

Omgoodness Zoe these are all so beautiful, you have been a busy bee. Hope you've enjoyed your holiday. hugs Teresa xx

Marie Richardson said...

WOW Zoe that mirror is just FAB its looks ace. Debs really is a lucky lady with all thos lovely gifts youve made.
Sounds like you had a lovely afternoon for her birthday too.
Hugs
Marie xx

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie these are stunning, amazing creation hugs pops x x x

coops said...

wow these are fantastic zoe.the flowers are stunning.i really love the daisies on the mirror ;D

xx coops xx